Texas Wesleyan University was founded as Polytechnic College by the Methodist Episcopal Church and Nick Thomas in 1890. A committee under the direction of Thomas explored locations for a campus and settled on a site east of Fort Worth donated by area pioneers A.S. Hall, W.D. Hall, and George Tandy. Pre-med courses lay the foundation for medical school admission. The Valley’s delegation of a dozen Democratic state politicians stood beside…